Monday, February 4, 2013

Architectural Decay by LC Ferrari




Today we are showcasing LC Ferrari. LC did an interesting series of images of an abandoned prison in a state of decay.



LC talks a bit about the shoot and his thoughts on what he wanted to accomplish there.


Enter LC Ferrari


When I decided to visit Eastern State Penitentiary, more commonly known as ESP, located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, I could not decide, whether I was more excited to learn the history of this amazing structure, or to actually be able to photograph there.



Eastern State Penitentiary attracts many artists, like myself, wanting to capture the history inside this massively designed complex.



I was armed with little gear... just my Nikon and a small tripod. I hoped to capture images that told a story from a slightly different perspective. A story of a different time, a different place. A place that wasn’t supposed to be describe as beautiful or breathtaking.



I am drawn to things old, rusted, rotted and run down. I see the beauty in these elements and the character that once was. I hope to contrast the cold, hard, chilling, intimidating place that, ESP was; with the abstruse and artistry this decomposing architecture has now become.



Luckily, it was a very interesting day, weather wise for me. Blue skies, somewhat sunny... with the onset of ominous clouds on the horizon, which provided a wonderful backdrop for my images.



I shot well over 300 exposures that afternoon, and hoped that I didn’t miss anything. There is no doubt, I could have shot 300 more. Everywhere I turned, there was something
unbelievable waiting to be discovered.



I look forward to returning Eastern State Penitentiary in the near future.




Eastern State Penitentiary




Eastern State Penitentiary




Eastern State Penitentiary




Eastern State Penitentiary




Eastern State Penitentiary




Eastern State Penitentiary




Eastern State Penitentiary




Eastern State Penitentiary




Eastern State Penitentiary




Eastern State Penitentiary




Eastern State Penitentiary




Eastern State Penitentiary




Eastern State Penitentiary




See more of LC’s work:
behance.net/lcferrari
wix.com/lcferrari/photodesignart


No comments:

Post a Comment