Thursday, August 8, 2013

Landscape Photography – Reflections in Black & White


Thanks everyone for those great comments on Saturday's post. I appreciate all my friends taking up the slack while I was out in the heat.



When I wander the back roads of Texas I seldom know exactly what I'm looking for until I see it. I may drive hundreds of miles (as I did in the past few days) in search of some allusive subject or location to photograph. More and more I find myself searching for a subject that speaks to me of peace and quiet, both of which are in short demand these days. This still little spring fed lake in the Angelina National Forest of East Texas fit the bill perfectly!



Reflection in Black & White




Reflection - Angelina National Forest, Texas
Copyright 2009 Jeff Lynch Photography
Shot taken with a Canon EOS 40D set on aperture priority (Av) using an EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM tripod-mounted. The exposure was taken at 25mm, f/16 for 1/15th of a second using a Singh-Ray 3-Stop/Soft graduated neutral density filter. Shot at ISO 100 on Sandisk digital film and post capture processed in Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS4. Click on the image above for a larger version.



Posted in Photography Tagged: Angelina National Forest, Canon, Canon 40D, Landscape Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment