Thursday, August 8, 2013

Nature Photography – Swirl


Just a quick (prescheduled since I'm out shooting) post with an image I took a few weeks ago and couldn't decide what to do with. I love the color of the water and the rocks and the way the water swirled in the little pool. I'm just not sure what story this image tells, if any.



So here's the thing. You get to tell the story in the comments while I'm out in the blazing heat and awful humidity of the East Texas Piney Woods. I know you're out there lurking Mark, Ray, Jaime, Michael & Terry. Tell me why this shot works or why it doesn't. Tell me what you "feel" when you look at it. (sidebar: a little alcohol helps). Let me have it with both barrels!



And have a great weekend!



Swirl




Swirl - Pedernales Falls State Park, Texas
Copyright 2009 Jeff Lynch Photography
Shot taken with a Canon EOS 40D set on aperture priority (Av) using an EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM tripod-mounted. The exposure was taken at 28mm, f/16 for 1.6 seconds using a Singh-Ray Vari-ND neutral density filter. Shot at ISO 100 on Sandisk digital film and post capture processed in Lightroom 2. Click on the image above for a larger version.

You can also find a 1200 x 800 version of this image and many others on my Flickr site.



Posted in Photography Tagged: Canon, Canon 40D, Nature Photography, Pedernales Falls State Park



No comments:

Post a Comment