Monday, December 1, 2014

Photography – Giving Credit Where Its Due


I just read an interesting post from Dave Cross that got me thinking about giving credit where credit is due.



So here goes.



All of my images are inspired by the Lord God and by all the wonderful images taken by folks like Scott Kelby, Matt Kosklowski, Dave Cross, RC, Moose Peterson, Laurie Excel, Chase Jarvis, David duChemin, Matt Brandon, Gavin Gough, Joe McNally, John O'Connor, Bill Neill, Sam Abell, Kirk Tuck, Ansel Adams, Joe Kidd, Diane Varner, Rob Sheppard, David Hobby, Rick Sammon, Vincent Laforet, Zack Arias and a host of others I can't even remember.



Generally speaking, all of my post capture techniques were learned from someone else including all the wonderful instructors at Kelby Training. Not one iota of my post capture technique is original unless you go back to my films days in the 70 s. I stole every good Photoshop and Lightroom technique I could find and happily put them to good use. I continue to practice this post capture plagiarism today by learning everything I can from the beautiful images posted by folks like Diane Varner, Mark Krajnak and Derek Shanks.



Any information I post on this blog is the result of a mental compilation of the last 50 years of my life and its doubtful that there's an original thought in the bunch. I've read hundreds of books, looked at thousands of photographs and listened to hours of podcasts, so you understand that anything I post that remotely seems original is purely by accident.



Now that I've confessed all my sins, we can get back to enjoying our photography!



PS: Never give a smart-ass Irishman a pulpit!



Posted in Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment