Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Creating Image Borders & Shadows


Acqualia's Picturesque


I use Adobe's Photoshop Lightroom 2 for much of my RAW post-capture workflow as do most of the photographers that I know. It does so many things so much better than Camera Raw/Bridge/Photoshop that I can't imagine life without it. My only complaint about Lightroom is it's export functionality, especially for images that I plan to post on my blog.



This is where Acqualia's Picturesque software really shines. This little gem allows me to add a number of special effects to my blog images such as borders and shadows or even reflections. It integrates very well with Lightroom and can be used in an Export preset by setting the "Post-Processing" property to "Open in Other Application" and choosing "\Applications\Picturesque".



As you can see in the image below, Picturesque's user interface is very clean and simple to learn. It takes only a few clicks to create a nice border and shadow around the images I plan to post. You can even save your settings as a preset and batch process your image files automatically.



Acqualia's Picturesque




Picturesque is a great little Mac program written by Acqualia, a great little software company and it would make a great little present for the photo-bloggers on your Christmas list!



Posted in Photography Tagged: Acqualia's Picturesque, Image Software



No comments:

Post a Comment