Wednesday, March 5, 2014

It’s the Climb


I've travelled all over the world and visited many different countries, landscapes and terrain in my time. I've seen the sun rise in Beijing and set in Singapore. I've felt the dry, brittle cold of a winter's day in Alaska and the cold, damp, rainy nights of autumn in Scotland. I've walked the quiet hillsides of the Napa Valley and the noisy streets of Hong Kong. I've hiked Isle Royal in the springtime and canoed Lake Placid in the fall.



Nowhere I've ever travelled has felt more like "home" to me than the Texas Hill Country. Drive a few short hours from Dallas, Houston, San Antonio or Austin and you can find yourself in a region like no other on Earth. A place of contrast, beauty and solitude where the sky stretches almost to heaven. A place you can climb and gaze for miles and miles and see no sign of civilization.



A place called Texas!



Hill Country Hillside - Bandera, Texas




Hill Country Hillside - Bandera, Texas
Copyright 2009 Jeff Lynch Photography
Shot taken with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II set on aperture priority (Av) using an EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens tripod-mounted. The exposure was taken at 24mm, f/11 for 1/80th of a second using a Singh-Ray LB Warming Polarizer and a 2-stop, graduated neutral density filter at ISO 100 on Lexar Professional digital film. Post capture processing was done in Lightroom 2. Click on the image above for a larger version.



Posted in Photography Tagged: Canon, Canon 5D Mark II, Hill Country State Natural Area, Landscape Photography, Photography



No comments:

Post a Comment